A Strong Democracy
Australia is one of the oldest continuous democracies in the world. We have free speech and freedom of association, but they are constantly under threat. Our only protection is through an electoral system that gives each of us an equal vote in choosing who will govern us. If that system is corrupted by unfair or coercive practices, we are at risk.
Vote Australia believes that a strong electoral system is underpinned by:
- Informed voters who understand our parliamentary system and process of voting, so that when they go to the ballot box they understand the election issues and the profile and policies of the candidates standing for election. Education is the key to achieving this.
- Secure voting where people can be sure their vote counts, free of manipulation from fake votes and multiple voting. Reforming electoral laws will achieve this.
- Effortless voting where people are easily able to vote safely and securely. Blockchain technology is the way.
If informed voters are able to vote in a secure and effortless way, they will do their part in electing the right representatives to parliament - the custodians of our strong democracy in Australia.
About Vote Australia
Vote Australia doesn’t care who gets elected as long as it’s the will of the people. We champion the rights of honest citizens to participate in elections conducted honestly and fairly and which produce election results that Australians can trust.
To achieve this, Vote Australia is:
- conducting research into electoral systems in Australia
- informing the Australian public about electoral systems in Australia
- informing stakeholders about alternative elections processes that can improve the integrity of Australian elections
- drawing attention to critical issues relating to electoral fraud, and
lobbying state and federal governments on behalf of fair-minded Australians to reform our laws to prevent vote fraud and improve the participation experience for all Australians who are eligible to vote.
Vote Australia is an incorporated not-for-profit entity registered in New South Wales. Vote Australia in no way condones or encourages people to break Australian laws. Vote Australia is not affiliated with any political party or organisation, commercial or otherwise, and receives no funding from government or from any other organisation. It is funded entirely by public donation and staffed by volunteers.
Share the campaign with people you know on Facebook and Twitter.
Support the campaign. Help protect your right to free and fair elections in Australia.